Would you like to become a student representative?
A good way to participate in matters concerning your education and affecting your life at the department is to become a student representative. As a student representative on the department board, you will participate in department board meetings and become an important link between students and management.
The organisation’s need for student representation
The Department of Psychology is committed to protecting student rights as well as maintaining good quality and improving our courses and study programmes. Your perspective as a student representative is extremely important in a democratic process and we are grateful for your ideas and opinions.
As a student, what can you gain from participating as a student representative?
As a student representative, you gain insight into, knowledge of and an opportunity to influence board work and work processes in committees and working groups. Upon completion of your assignment, you will receive a certificate to add to your qualifications.
Department-wide student representation
The department board takes decisions on the department as a whole, clarifies goals and priorities, follows up on the activities and ensures that resources are used efficiently.
Committees and working groups
- The work environment committee prepares and monitors the ongoing work environment management.
- The premises committee prepares matters concerning premises and coordinates the practical management of offices and teaching premises.
- The internationalisation committee works with a holistic approach and general strategy on matters concerning internationalisation.
- The gender equality, equal opportunities and diversity committee (KJLM) takes stock of, monitors and provides information on matters concerning gender equality, equal opportunities and diversity.
- The course syllabus group works on reviewing and commenting on all the course syllabi on which the department board is to take a decision.